May 5, 2017

Coppes Green Office Building

This 1908 photo shows Coppes, Zook & Mutschler Co. employees lined up on a “PAY DAY” at the building commonly referred to as the “green office building”. Build in 1898 this house like structure served as the business office for many years. In the background is the 1884 factory building. There was a later addition to the East side of this office. The addition was intended to be a fire-proof and vault-like structure with brick walls and steel window shutters. This room was where the company safes were, and historical business ledgers lined the walls. At the present time, it is undetermined as to the future use of this building.